Wearing multiple hats

Today, one of my students wrote a note on their assignment about job descriptions, "I think I have too many jobs." I can identify. I have two mission job descriptions. Both of them are leadership roles. One of them is supposed to take up about 60% of my time and the other the remaining 40%. …

Continue reading Wearing multiple hats

Advertisements

Shepherding or herding?

The Shepherd-leader I have often heard the remark that leading missionaries is like herding cats. Yet are we in the herding business? As followers of the Good Shepherd we are to shepherd, not herd those in our care. Even if we shift the imagery from herding to shepherding, we can still go astray because of …

Continue reading Shepherding or herding?